Thursday, June 14, 2012

No, You Move

I have a new favorite superhero.

I'm not a comic-book kinda guy, but the following frame from Captain America gives me chills.




It's interesting that this would come from the mouth of Captain America.  The strong association between America and truth makes this something so appropriate for this character, and that's an association that just isn't there with any other "superhero."  There is also a danger implicit in Americana moralisms like this, because we see a strong devotion to principles, to ideals, but often without the foundation of Christ, the real "river of truth."  We as Christians must be faithful to supply that foundation.

Today we began filming on the inaugural episode of Church & State, a series of web videos providing cultural and political commentary from a distinctly Christian perspective.  These videos will be the attempts of one believer to point to Christ as the foundation for life and liberty.  God willing, they will provide some of the foundations for the moralisms upheld by conservatism today.  While statistics are helpful and history is instructive, if that is all that we base our arguments on then we still, at the core, are humanists.

So stay tuned.  Here's my YouTube channel- subscriptions and shares are always an encouragement:

youtube.com/gabrielhudelson

It's easy to talk about how bad things are getting, but "mere talk leads only to poverty."  It's easy to say "where are the Godly men?" but it's another matter to say "Here am I, LORD- send me!"  Please prayerfully consider this.  The God-fearing Americans that our nation needs so desperately might well be the people who are reading this right now.

That means you.

Edmund Burke pointed out that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

We need good men to stop doing nothing.

We need God-fearing Americans to rise up and say "Thus says The LORD," to proclaim His Word of Truth, to tell the kings of the earth to kiss the Son, lest His anger consume them.

In the midst of a world of compromise, we need Christians who will stand up and say-

No.

You move.

20 comments:

Lanita said...

Amen and amen. I am going to share this on our blog. We truly need to stand up and say, "Here am I, send me!"

Gods Country Boy said...

Ha, Captain America no less. I like that. Stand tall, stand firm, die fighting for what you believe.
Yeah, standing around complaining about the problem doesn't do any good unless we are willing to get up off of our rear and do our best to fix it.
"where there is no vision, the people perish."

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Hello Ms. Lanita! Thanks for stopping by. I'm honored that you want to pass this on!

David- amen. So... what are you going to do about it?

(You shoulda known that was coming...)

amy said...

Awesome, Gabe!!

Gods Country Boy said...

Aha - stay tuned for a post on my blog - coming soon - What to do with an unbiblical government.
I'm hoping it will cause some waves and get some good talkin going.
But to answer your question fully, get the gospel out as fast as we can, and do what's right, no matter what happens.
How 'bout you?
:D

Gabriel Hudelson said...

I'm starting a YouTube channel and getting more involved on Twitter, for now.

Bailey said...

Is it horribly sad that the only thing I'm going to say after this post is, "I love Captain America"?

Ok, yeah, it is. I'll mention I'm heading to your YouTube channel right now...........

Jamie T said...

:D Captain America... do not get me started on him. He's amazing. Watch the movie if you haven't yet, I think you'd enjoy it.

Oh, and thanks for giving me your demo cd. I'm wearing it out. "Hero" is kinda stuck on repeat... ;)

~Jamie

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Bailey, thanks for checking out the channel, and I'm glad we share a mutual respect for the Captain.

Now, you should know better than to think that I'm just going to let you walk off without asking you the same question I asked David. ;-)

Jamie, I saw Captain America, and honestly wasn't crazily impressed. More on that if you want it.

It was this comic that totally made him my favorite.

I'm looking forward to seeing Avengers, seeing that I've heard so much about it...

Oh, and I'm honored to hear that that CD is getting played to death. That makes me happy. :-D

Bailey said...

I think I'm going to take a nap and think about it tomorrow.

But seriously -- I don't feel called into politics myself and am more interested in the global church and missions than rescuing America. HOWEVER, I first want to inform myself, as an American citizen, on what is true and false about our founding, our Constitution and our form of government. (Three cheers for the awesome U.S. Constitution course at Hillsdale College!) I already have opportunities to speak at local and state gatherings, write essays and pen letters to the editor, as well as campaign.

Basically, I don't want untruth to circulate in my circle of influence -- and it's not, as far as I can help it.

Oh, and I want to equip and encourage the church to be strong on solid Biblical truth -- to not focus on America, per se, but to know God, His Gospel and His commission. A strong church does wonders for societal structure.

Gabriel Hudelson said...

"I already have opportunities to speak at local and state gatherings, write essays and pen letters to the editor, as well as campaign."

Sounds like you're plenty involved!

"A strong church does wonders for societal structure."

Yes! The focus should never be on our country- it should be on His Kingdom. But being ambassadors for His Kingdom should have a very large affect on our country. His Word speaks to all of life- from prayer to politics- and it's well past time that the Church embraced this.

Jemimah :-) said...

Great great post Gabriel! I love that Captain America quote.
Maybe we should get a Captain Australia down here. Our own super hero!

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Heehee, great idea! :-D

Jemimah :-) said...

I thought so too. =)
(Not sure what our government would say though!)

Jemimah :-) said...

BTW, I was just listening to one of the songs on your playlist, 'Because I Love You'. It's one of the most loveliest pieces of music I've ever heard! SO my question is, who is it by?
(I am a lover of all romantic-ish music!)

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Jemimah- it's by me. :-)

I wrote all the music on that playlist. That's what I do.

http://resoundingmusic.com

I'm glad you enjoyed it, by the way. Your encouragement means a lot to me.

Jemimah :-) said...

Wow! Did you really? That's AMAZING!!
I visited your site, and atm I'm listening to you play Clair De Lune on your 'pianist' page. I was surprised to find out that you are a pianist, 'cause I'm one too! (A very ill-playing one though!) I have heard many versions of Clair De Lune, but yours is one of the best. Lots of the ones I have heard are dull, flat, and completely lacking in dynamics. But I love the way you put a lot of emotion into yours, and dynamics!
I am of the opinion that classical music played on the piano is the world's best form of music, and believe me, I listen to A LOT of it.
I could spend the whole day playing the piano non-stop, if I didn't have other jobs to do! The piano is truly the world's loveliest instrument. (but hey, thats my opinion only, others may think otherwise.)
How long did it take you to learn that piece?

Gabriel Hudelson said...

I honestly don't remember how long it took me, exactly. :-b

Jemimah :-) said...

Haha, that's what I say every time to people who ask me how long it took me to learn a piece of music!

Ms. Moriah Renata said...

That comic is wonderful. I can count on my fingers how many men I know, that would say that.

And that is sad.

You, of course are one of the first, darling! <3

love,

the one who admires you most