Sunday, September 12, 2010

Self-Esteem

Biblical "self-esteem" gives man value without giving him a reason to be proud. God is Big, I am small. I have value, not because I am good- I am wicked! - but because a Great God has created me in His Image, chosen me from the foundations of the earth, and bought me with The Blood of His Son.

Atheism does the opposite. The atheistic worldview gives man no inherent value, being only a product of chance, but also gives man reason to be sinfully proud of whatever he can accomplish.

And this bit of worldview is crucial for the debate on the sanctity of life.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Very true...

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah

Blog: http://donotgrowweary.com/blog/

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15