Tuesday, March 15, 2011

VIDEO and MUSIC - Blood Duel

Jeffrey Griffith is an excellent young Christian stuntman whom I have been privileged to work with multiple times in the past. One of our recent projects was this video (which does contain some violence):

Blood Duel

I really appreciate how Jeffrey connoted, with minimal physical affection, that the film isn't about some flippant romance, but rather about the relationship between a husband and wife, as well as the true depth of character displayed by victory that goes deeper than that of fists.

I also went back over this score recently and made a few changes. Those interested may hear it below:

Dying Breath

You may say "what about all this blood and death in these titles? What worldview is this connoting?"

To which I reply- for a Christian, there are some things which I value so highly that I would for them sacrifice my life and my fortune, because of my sacred honor. Blood and death and gore- no, I don't love them. But I love the nobility, the courage, the fire-heartedness of a man who can press through the blood and death and gore and, if necessary, give his dying breaths to the cause of The Kingdom.

Maybe it's philosophical warfare. Maybe, as in the cases of William Wallace and George Washington, it's physical. Let us be ready, and wholly committed to serve Christ with all that we are!

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

"And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets, who by faith conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight."

The Son of God goes forth to war...

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That's a great quote by Thomas Paine!

Good job on the score! I was impressed by the camera shots in the short film, though I was slightly confused about the story during most of it, I figured it out in the end... well, mostly anyway. :p :)

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah