Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lots going on!/MUSIC: Farewell to the Piano


There's a lot going on here at the Resounding Music studio. Praise The LORD, I have multiple scoring opportunities presenting themselves. We're also working on the Big Mac, the computer that I use for my music- it's needing some doctoring. LORD willing, it shall be up-to-spec shortly.

So, because of all that's going on, I wanted to do a quick POTW that wouldn't consume lots of my time but would still be... well... a POTW.

This is a piano piece by Beethoven. The performance is unedited- and imperfect. My apologies, but I need to turn the perfectionist in me off and get on to other work!

The title? Farewell to the Piano. What a heartbreaking title for such a simplistically beautiful piece. I wonder what inspired Mr. Beethoven to write it...

And no, I'm not saying farewell to the piano. :-) I used the EWQL Pianos library for this.

http://soundcloud.com/gabrielhudelson/farewell-to-the-piano


8 comments:

Jamie T said...

Beautiful piece---the title is odd and horrifying to say the least; well, to a piano player, anyway. :P

~Jamie Joyce

Gabriel Hudelson said...

:-D I like the title, so long as it doesn't have to apply to me. Very sad and bittersweet.

Jessie said...

Love the Debussy on soundcloud!! Really neat piece..sounds great!!

Anna said...

Awesome piece of music!

Aubrey Hansen said...

'Tis very pretty. Your piano playing is always a joy to listen to.

Rebekah said...

I agree with Aubrey, I always enjoy listening to you play! The song was pretty! I kept trying to figure out what key it was in though. :p

Someday, I still really would like to play my long piano piece for you. I would really love your opinion on it!

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah

Rebekah said...

Oh! and I meant to add, praise the LORD that you're busy! I'm glad to hear it!

And, maybe Mr. Beethoven wrote the song after he went deaf? Maybe it wasn't so much a farewell to playing the piano altogether, but of being able to hear it being played. Just an idea - I really have no clue! :D

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Thanks y'all for the comments. :-)

It's technically in F, Rebekah, but it does have a very unique whole-tone-esque modulation in it and a switch in the second half to... f minor, I think.

And a fascinating idea about his deafness...