Friday, August 5, 2011

MUSIC: Red Rain Trailer

My piece for this week is the score to a book trailer that we're now putting the finishing touches on. The plan is to add narration and SFX, but for my YouTube channel I uploaded one which is just the music and the trailer itself.

Here's the trailer

Didn't my sister do a great job on the kinetic typography?

Oh, and brownie points to whoever can name the kind of scale that I used at the beginning.

Now, before we agreed to do this trailer, I read a rough draft of this e-book-to-be, and it was a pleasure and a breath of fresh air to read. Very worldview conscious, and full of glorious modeling of Biblical family life. It was also a good story. I love it when good art and good worldview are combined.

There were some rough spots, but it was a rough draft. I look forward to reading the finished version if ever I get my grubby mitts on it. Nevertheless, the meat of the story was a delight to behold- and it was quite the enjoyable journey, even in rough-draft form. I would definitely recommend that you get yourself a copy when it comes out, and if the trailer leaves you wanting to learn more, check out the author's website:

aubreyhansen.com

7 comments:

Aubrey Hansen said...

Thank you so much for this, Gabriel! Your sister was so creative with the kinetic typography, and your music was PERFECT! I could ramble about how the music mirrors the emotional progression of the text, but I'll spare everyone.

Thank you again for helping me with this project! And you'll get a copy of the final book, I promise. :)

(Uh, Gabe, you told people what scale it was in the first paragraph...)

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Oops. Now I feel really intelligent. I think I'll fix that. :-D

And... you're welcome. Thank you! I enjoyed working with you on it.

Jamie T said...

Wow, pretty cool! The music really makes its, Gabe. Great job, y'all! :)

Hope I can get my hands on the book! :D

And I have no idea about the scale. Shame on me. ;D

~Jamie Joyce

Lori said...

I found your blog when I googled "Mr. Cogburn" which is a long story that involves my four year old. Anyway, I like the blog!

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Thanks, Mrs. Lori!

Rebekah said...

I loved it!! You both did a wonderful job! I loved the music and the text!

Scale... Hmm... Phrygian?

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Good guess, but no, it was whole-tone. :-)