Thursday, September 1, 2011

Music: The Road Home


This piece I wrote as a kind of audition for a potential client (sans-harmonica and with a few differences :-), and if you feel led you could pray that God would grant me favor in the client's sight.

However, it is also a stylistic stretch which was good for me- and it's my POTW. I'm envisioning a man- not quite a hobo, but having long been lost, tired, and wandering, very weathered, coated in dust and sweat, finally making his way down the last long stretch of dirt road, through the cornfields that he knows, and coming home.

What do you think? Does the piece sound good? Does it tell the story well? Is it interesting? How could it be better?

The Road Home

4 comments:

BushMaid said...

I liked it. It really sounds like someone coming home for the first time in a long time. I love the piano part from 2:22. It's very sweet and moving, and it definitely tells a story.

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Thanks for the comment! After reading you and Aubrey's conversations I now want to call you Aussie...

BushMaid said...

*laughs* Feel free to call me Aussie! I've become quite attached to the name. :D

Rebekah said...

I really liked this piece! I thought it told your story well. I loved 2:22 to 3:22.

3:22 to 3:49 sounded a bit odd to me. Almost discordant... I liked the piece anyway. :)

I almost wish you would list all the instruments you use with each piece! I'm really feeling lost on some of the sounds with this one!

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah